Thompson Island Brewing Company Celebrates Oktoberfest | Food
“Oktoberfest is a traditional fall event for us,” said Lauren Bigelow, who oversees SoDel Concept’s beer program. The company also has Ocean View Brewery. “We’re launching ThompsonFest, an Oktoberfest-style lager, on September 16 in drafts and crowlers.”
Starting at 11:30 a.m. on September 17, guests can get a commemorative mug with a $9 deposit while supplies last.
The restaurant’s special menu includes:
• Bavarian pretzels with cheese and mustard house beer;
• Sauerbraten short ribs with macaroni and cheese spaetzle and sweet and sour purple cabbage;
• Porkchop jägerschnitzel with mashed potatoes and mushroom sauce;
• grilled bratwurst sausage with German potato salad, apple and bacon braised sauerkraut and mustard vinaigrette; and
• Brauhaus bratwurst burger with Swiss cheese, braised sauerkraut with apples and bacon and horseradish mustard on a pretzel roll.