Santa Fe Brewing Company – Brewer – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
SANTA FE BREWING CO.
A Santa Fe Brewing Co. brewer is responsible for operating the brewhouse, cellar, and related equipment while following existing standard operating procedures. As part of a rapidly growing production facility, a brewer must also continually seek to improve product quality, operational efficiency and safety. This is a full-time position, eligible for benefits.
About Santa Fe Brewery:
We are the oldest and largest brewery in New Mexico and have grown at an unmatched rate since 2016, producing 40,000 barrels in 2021. We have cultivated an environment that prioritizes personal freedom, responsibility and accountability, and as such we run lean and have a small team of highly skilled players. We are really focused on working smarter and like to challenge ourselves to meet new demands with new products and solutions.
We are located in beautiful Santa Fe, NM at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Santa Fe is a world-renowned hub for artists, foodies, environmental revolutionaries and outdoor enthusiasts. We have breathtaking views, virtually no traffic, four distinct seasons, over 280 days of sunshine per year, and easy access to great skiing and hiking/biking in all directions.
- Operation of a 70 bbl 5-tank brewhouse including grinding, mashing, filtration, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool, wort cooling, yeast pitching and the CIP
- Operate centrifuge and filter, clean and sanitize fermentation and bright beer tanks, dry hopping, yeast handling/management, and preparing beer for packaging
- Reception, handling and preparation of raw materials
- Complete necessary data collection and documentation for all brewing and cellaring activities.
- Communicate current information and other important information when changing shifts.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments (packaging, warehouse, QA/QC, maintenance, production planning)
- Maintain clean, safe and orderly work areas.
- Basic light mechanical repairs to brewing and cellar equipment if required.
- Assist and suggest process and product improvements.
Benefits include paid vacation, paid vacation, 401k, health, dental, and vision