Russian River Brewing Company – Brewer – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
Russian River Brewing Company is looking for a full-time brewer to join our team in Santa Rosa!
The brewer is responsible for brewing all RRBC beers and must have a strong commitment to quality while being a passionate steward for RRBC. We offer a fun and rewarding work environment that includes medical/dental/vision/life/accident/pet insurance, paid time off, 401k with consideration, and food/beer/merchandise discounts. Please read our description and required qualifications below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of the essential functions for this job but does not limit the duties that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Perform all brewhouse and cellar work at our 20bbl production facility and 75bbl pub facility.
- Wort production
- CIP tanks and equipment
- Operate the juicer and filter
- Make beer transfers
- Dry hop tanks
- carbonated beer
- Clean the barrels
- All cellar work must be completed with an eye on low DO
- Help on the bottling line of our production brewery
- Operate the keg racker in our production brewhouse, which includes the ability to tip a 1/2 bbl keg onto a pallet
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to the maintenance manager and/or supervisor
- Work with lab staff with all QC/QA protocols
- Drive a forklift safely
- Perform other work in the brewery as required
- Assist other employees as needed
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Business mathematics and its application to brewing techniques
- Raw materials, production process, quality control, costs and other techniques to maximize the efficient distribution of goods
- Effectively manage your time
- Excellent communication skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work enthusiastically within ever-changing priorities
- Listen and understand information and ideas as they are presented
- Communicate information and ideas by speaking and writing so that others understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the major language(s) used in the workplace
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance
- Use common sense in all daily activities
- Team working
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in brewing, chemistry or related science is desired
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a brewer
- Knowledge of ProLeit or comparable brewery program required
- Current forklift certification (RRBC can provide)
- Commitment to excellence, quality and high standards
- Creative, flexible and innovative team spirit
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity and positive attitude
- Must be at least 21 years old
- The position requires a Monday to Friday work week, some evenings required
- Occasional travel to our Windsor facilities for duties and/or training
- We require COVID-19 vaccination for employment and will engage in the interactive process for medical and/or religious accommodation requests
In performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently called upon to perform the following tasks:
Much of the work involves conveying information verbally. In performing the duties of this job, the employee must stand and/or sit for long periods and walk; using fingers, manipulating or touching objects; reach with hands; speak and hear; climbing or balancing; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and squat. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and handle and/or move up to 155 pounds. The use of the arms above the shoulder is sometimes necessary. Specific vision abilities required by the job include near vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and the ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee drives a motor vehicle/forklift.
- The noise level in the working environment is generally moderate
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, orientation gender, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.