Highland Brewing Company
Apply for this job
Highland Brewing Company, a leading independent, family-owned craft brewery based in Asheville, NC, is seeking a Market Development Manager to lead our efforts in the State of South Carolina.
A few quick facts about Highland Brewing
- Quality beer – always
- Proudly regional – we only distribute in the South East
- Pioneers – First legal brewery in Asheville since Prohibition
- NC’s largest native brewer
- We honor the features of the Southern Appalachian landscape with seasonal beer names, a hike, and a fundraising night for each seasonal beer – all in partnership with the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservation
- Donate to over 100 charities each year
- 3rd largest craft brewing solar panel in the United States
Our biggest effort was our solar panel. Under peak conditions, the system can create up to 324 kW DC – more power than we can use on sunny days. The expansive roof is now half paneled and is prominently seen from the rooftop bar.
- The beautiful 16 foot white oak bar trays from the event center were harvested from our property.
- 6th largest solar panel of any independent craft brewery in the United States
- 22nd largest brewery solar panel in the world
Head of Market Development – South Carolina
Reports to Sales Manager
We cultivate and celebrate the beer, business, people and place experience.
To be the leader in making connections across beer and beyond.
This position is responsible for growing the market in the State of South Carolina by managing our channel partners and working to execute our annual business plan in each market to meet volume and distribution targets in line with based on assigned metrics, including display ad execution, incentives, thematic promotions, and market partnerships and special events.
- Develops, builds and strengthens internal and external relationships
- Implements strategy and tactics to identify opportunities and develops plans to achieve volume and profitability goals in assigned geographic area
- Participate in the development of the annual business plan and ensure progress against objectives through concise and consistent communication with distribution partners, including monthly updates and quarterly business reviews
- Provides detailed tracking of all activity in the marketplace including execution of display ads, collaborations with distributors, channel orientation, pricing surveys, quality audits and promotions / special events
- Manage inventory to ensure Highland beers are fresh and in proper rotation and execute seasonal transitions on our schedule
- Self-control, flexibility and adaptability are the keys to excel in a fast-paced, stimulating and fun environment.
- Champion of Highland’s world-class beer portfolio and our charitable and environmental programs
- Willingness to travel overnight is required (30-40 %%)
Apply for this job