Cape May Brewing Company toasts the release of its collaboration with Wawa: Shore Tea Hard Beverage
CAP MAY, New Jersey – Cape May Brewing Company and Wawa today announced their first year of collaboration and the release of a limited edition “Shore Tea”, a hard tea drink. Shore Tea will make its debut at Wawa’s grand opening of its brand new beer store in Bucks County and the Cape May Brewing Co. tasting room, followed by select retailers. Made with Wawa’s signature peach iced tea and Cape May’s signature adult libations, Hard Tea is refreshing with just the right amount of sweetness.
Shore Tea is available in limited quantities of 6 x 12oz cans, with 4.5% ABV. All ingredients used are naturally gluten-free and this drink does not contain peach juice. The cost of the 6-pack is $12.99.
- Thursday, July 21, 8:00 a.m. – Official ribbon cutting of the first checkouts at the grand opening of Wawa’s new beer store, Store #8157, 639 E. Lincoln Highway, Langhorne, PA 19047.
- Wawa and Cape May Brewing Co. Tea gift for the first 100 guests, while supplies last
- Official ribbon cutting of the first tills at the grand opening of Wawa’s new beer store
- First Look at Wawa’s New Beer Store and Future Beer Stores to Be Announced
- Opportunity to meet the brewers: James Fox, Director of Brewing Operations, Cape May Brewing Co. and Michael McLaughlin, Senior Director of Concept Development, Wawa
Limited quantities of Shore Tea exclusively available on 07/21 at the following Wawa PA Beer Stores:
- Store 170 – 721 Naamans Creek Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
- Store 8148 – 1073 Baltimore Pike, Middletown, PA 19063
- Store 8153 – 201 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Emmaus, PA 18049
- Store 159 – 296 Route 940, Blakeslee, PA 18610
- Store 148 – 1139 Horsham Road, Horsham, PA 19044
- Store 8132 – 2600 Penrose Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Store 8152 – 9101 Frankford Ave., Phila., PA 19114
- Store 8147 – County Line Road. & W. Butler Avenue, Chalfont, Pennsylvania 18914
- Store 8135 – Main Street & Quarry Road, Lower Salford Twp. Pennsylvania, 19438
- Store 8151 – Chichester Avenue & McCay Avenue, Boothwyn, PA 19061
- Store 8126 – Rt. 309 & Passer Road, Coopersburg, PA 18036
- Store 8150 – 364 Susquehanna Street, Allentown, PA 18103
- Store 8044 – 600 NW End Blvd., Quakertown, PA 18951
- Store 8155 – 8053 Chestnut Street, Herford, PA 18056
- Store 8157 – 639 E. Lincoln Highway, Langhorne, PA 19047 – Shore Tea Launch Event Location!
- Saturday, July 23, 11:00 a.m. – New Jersey Launch Party at the Cape May Brewing Company Tasting Room
- Live music, freebie of Wawa tea and Cape May Brewing Co., and freebies of Wawa pretzels and non-alcoholic pints of Wawa Peach Iced Tea, while supplies last
- Monday, July 25 – Shore Tea on sale at select retailers in NJ, PA and DE
Social Media Contest for Cape May Brewing Co. VIP Brewery Tour Details to Enter: From 7/18-7/25, customers can visit @CapeMayBrewCo or @Wawa on Instagram, locate giveaway post, like, comment with # sweepstakes for a chance to win a VIP tour of Cape May Brewing Company’s production facilities. Must follow @wawa and @capemaybrewco to win.
Prize Details: Two winners, for a maximum of 4 guests, will receive Wawa loot and access to one of NJ’s largest production facilities, complete with a newly redesigned canning line and automated tray, enlarged cellar, and more. The tour is guided by one of the brewers who will give a detailed overview of the entire brewing process, from grinding and raw materials to beer making, centrifugation, canning and keg , and laboratory testing of the finished product. You will receive a unique in-depth experience on your visit for insight into their process, which is rarely seen by those who are not part of the Cape May Brew Crew!
“We are excited to spread our wings and fly south to the Jersey Shore to partner with Cape May Brewing Company to produce our first-ever hard tea featuring a customer favorite: Iced Tea Wawa Fishing,” said Michael McLaughlin, Senior Director of Concept Development, Wawa. “Wawa’s Peach Iced Tea captures the aroma and flavors of biting into a freshly picked peach at the peak of its ripeness and pairs it perfectly with the warm carmel tones of our signature black iced tea. Fragrant, juicy and sweet with just the right amount of acidity and a sweet tea finish.
“We were thrilled when Wawa offered us the opportunity to collaborate. We’re huge fans and many of our team members make Wawa a regular part of their routines,” said Ryan Krill, CEO and Co-Founder of Cape May Brewing. Company “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to continue to grow in the hard drink space with an incredible partner to bring fans a product they will love.”
“We approached the process of making this tea the same way we make our seltzers. We’ve kept it simple, like you’re going to make tea at home. Luckily, we were able to use the same ingredients that Wawa uses in their Peach Tea,” said James Fox, Brewing Operations Manager, Cape May Brewing Company. “After adding the alcohol, we had several bench trials to dial in the ratios and flavors. We’re really happy with how it turned out; it’s easy to forget that it’s hard tea.
About Wawa, Inc.
Wawa, Inc., a private company, began in 1803 as an iron foundry in New Jersey. Towards the end of the 19th century, owner George Wood became interested in dairy farming and the family opened a small processing plant in Wawa, Pennsylvania in 1902. The dairy business was a huge success, in because of its quality, cleanliness and “certification”. treat. As door-to-door milk delivery dwindled in the early 1960s, George’s grandson Grahame Wood opened the first Wawa Food Market in 1964 as an outlet for dairy products. Today, Wawa is your daily stop for freshly prepared food, drinks, coffee, fuel services and ATMs at no extra charge. Wawa stores are located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Florida and Washington, DC. The stores offer a wide selection of fresh foodservice, including Wawa brands such as custom-made hoagies, freshly brewed coffee, hot breakfast sandwiches, specialty beverages and an assortment of soups, side dishes and snacks. Forbes.com ranks Wawa 29th among America’s largest private companies in 2021 and 12th on the Forbes 100 Halo list in 2022.
Cape May Brewing Co.
CMBC started in 2011, with three guys making a beer in a 1,500 square foot space. Now, between their administrative, production and distribution facilities in Cape May and Egg Harbor Township, they have over 74,000 square feet of space and are still #brewingstrong at the Cape May airport. They have several hundred flagship, seasonal and small-batch beers under their umbrella, distributed throughout New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware. Their original space is now dedicated to experimental brewing and their award-winning tasting room, with a separate industrial brewing facility across the street. Bridging the gap between the two is their new seasonal outdoor Brewtanical Garden, which offers guests an alternative space to enjoy popular CMBC beers, complete with attached restrooms and its own bar and waiters.
For more information: