Santa Fe Brewing Company – Senior Quality Technician – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
SANTA FE BREWING CO.
POSITION: Superior Quality Technician
The Senior Quality Technician at Santa Fe Brewing Co. is responsible for physical and microbiological testing of beer, monitoring yeast and fermentation, managing the sensory program, and reporting relevant data to the production team.
Although responsible for routine laboratory tasks, this position is best suited to an experienced and motivated laboratory technician who was looking for an opportunity with great potential for growth and contribution to the direction of quality in the brewery. We are taking a deeper quality assurance model and pushing more field testing, freeing up lab time for more analysis and value-added projects. Additionally, we will integrate a new LIMS software platform, which will include a review of the tests we run, the amount of data we collect and how it is disseminated, further streamlining quality operations in the future. .
About Santa Fe Brewery:
We are the oldest and largest brewery in New Mexico and have grown at an unmatched rate since 2016, producing 40,000 barrels in 2021. We have cultivated an environment that prioritizes personal freedom, responsibility and accountability, and as such we run lean and have a small team of highly skilled players. We are really focused on working smarter and like to challenge ourselves to meet new demands with new products and solutions.
We are located in beautiful Santa Fe, NM at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Santa Fe is a world-renowned hub for artists, foodies, environmental revolutionaries and outdoor enthusiasts. We have breathtaking views, virtually no traffic, four distinct seasons, over 280 days of sunshine per year, and easy access to great skiing and hiking/biking in all directions.
- Use physical test equipment such as densitometers, spectrophotometers, pH meters, distillation equipment, and CO2/O2 meters to generate quality data.
- Perform aerobic and anaerobic microbiological tests, including media preparation.
- Monitor yeast health and prepare counts for brewers.
- Manage sensory panels, data and beer library.
- Maintain quality databases and assist production management with data tracking projects.
- Communicate all relevant quality data to management to guide decision making.
- Assist brewing and packing with instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Assist in the execution of the facilities GMP program.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Keep the work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Basic light mechanical troubleshooting and repairs to lab equipment as needed.
- Assist and suggest process and product improvements.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- 1+ year of experience in a scientific laboratory required. Brewing or other preferred beverage lab.
- Higher education in a scientific field desired. A background in fermentation/brewing science is desired.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills required
- MS Office and general computer skills required. Good knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with other departments to meet production needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
Physical requirements and environmental conditions:
- Capable of lifting materials up to 55 lbs.
- Able to work in wet, narrow or cramped spaces and in high noise environment.
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment (boots, gloves, apron, eye protection, etc.)
- Exposure to hot fluids, live steam, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, particulate atmospheres, carbon dioxide, varying temperature levels and wet floors and clothing.
Benefits include paid vacation, paid time off, 401k, health, dental, and vision insurance. DOE salary.
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]