Position: Sales manager for the Mid-West region
Summary: Mid-West Region Sales are responsible for working with our distribution partners as well as retailers to increase the availability and demand for Great Divide beers in the assigned territory. This role will be focused on achieving budgeted revenue, volume and sales targets across Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri.
Wage scale: $ 50,000 – $ 60,000 annually + premium
Territory: Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri
- Sales and distribution
- Works with the Senior Director of Sales and Marketing and the Director of National Accounts to oversee all sales efforts in the assigned territory including, but not limited to, annual planning, forecasting and promotional calendars.
- Develops, manages and maintains relationships with distributor partners in the assigned territory.
- Analyze and develop sales opportunities and move to market plans using VIP.
- Cultivates positive relationships with all members of distributor leadership and sales teams.
- Monitor stocks and orders from distributor partners.
- Keeps abreast of all codes and regulations relating to liquor licenses in their territory.
- Acts professionally and avoids unethical sales tactics.
- Weekly – Post a personal weekly plan and recap to the sales team.
- Monthly – Monthly performance summaries to distributors. Recaps to include VIP numbers, results against ABP targets, inventory review, and version updates. Performs price analysis for plan and draft
- Quarterly – Runs a business review with channel partners in the assigned territory to review progress towards goals and update initiatives.
Communication & Participation
- Responds positively and quickly to voice messages, emails and customer concerns in a timely manner, both externally and internally.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Applicants should demonstrate examples of initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Requires excellent work ethic, a strong passion for great beer, knowledge of breweries and styles of beer, and the ability to grow the Great Divide business at the retail and distributor level.
- Must be able to lift 35lb crates and maneuver and place 160lb drums.
- Model the culture and values of The Great Divide Brewing Company.
- Must live in the Kansas City metro area.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to work late evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed to support sales activities.
- This role will require many trips by car and at night in the designated territory.
- Must maintain professionalism while working in environments where beer taps are flowing.
- Competent use of computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with VIP and CRM is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of the three-level system of alcohol.
- The ability to understand the market planning process for craft beer sales is essential. Education and experience
- A minimum of a 2-year college diploma (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the beverage industry.
- Company car provided
- Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid vacation
- Weekly beer allotment
- Cell phone allowance
Please submit your completed application, cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] with Sales in the Midwest region in the subject line by October 15, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Great Divide Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants regardless of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.