Encompass Technologies – Beer Production Expert – BevNET.com
Encompass is the most innovative platform digitally connecting the beverage and food industry. In fact, we are the first to do so! Our ERP software solution now extends from manufacturers to consumers and supports $1.5 billion in monthly retail transactions and over 2 million active users across 400 manufacturers, 360 distributors and half a million retailers.
We like to position ourselves as the smartest people in the room – not arrogantly, but reliably, dependably, believable and solution-oriented. Our team is made up of brilliant innovators who act quickly, collaborate and create results for clients’ short and long-term success – often defining problems and solving them before others are aware of anything other than the status quo. what. We’re here to change the food and beverage industry, finding better ways than the big historical names in the software industry. You can find out more about us at surroundtech.com
We are looking for a Production Expert to complement our team – one who would come at the level of our Senior Analyst. This means we want to hire another smartest person in the room – especially in the brewery space. We expect the successful candidate to have a thorough understanding of best practices in recipe development, forecasting, pricing, planning, fermentation, quality control, raw material demand, sourcing and ordering, inventory management, supplier relations, brewing logs, mechanical brewing. equipment (including the ability to perform basic maintenance), basic troubleshooting and software solutions that support the brewing industry.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to take your career in a new direction, read on!
We created a new position to help us better position ourselves on the manufacturing side of the supply chain. The experience listed above will help someone successfully fulfill the responsibilities listed below…in fact, you couldn’t be successful in this role without the experience above. Here is what our production expert will do:
- Possess insights into brewery markets and beverage segments to further differentiate Encompass solutions in the market and stay abreast of market trends.
- Communicate directly with customers by phone and email
- Provide advice on best practices for using the product
- Analyze, debug and solve complex problems in various technical disciplines
- Accurately document issue status and communicate progress
- Travel to customer sites as required to provide on-site training and lead installations
- Seek feature improvement ideas directly from customers and indirectly by fulfilling needs based on customer interactions
To be able to do this job and have the deep understanding we expect from the successful candidate, you almost have to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in fermentation science, brewery operations, chemical engineering, general science, or related field, or equivalent education (which may include a certificate in brewing laboratory science, brewery operations, or applied craft brewing)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Brewmaster, Head Brewer or Brewery Operations Manager.
- Several years in a leadership role, with or without hierarchical authority.
- A thorough understanding of the role of software in brewery operations.
Our values shape how we work together and serve our customers. They provide insight into our goals to disrupt the industry, find better solutions, and do it as part of a dynamic, cohesive, fun, and supportive team.
- Go big: We aim high, we focus on results and growth as the challenges come our way. We want to change the industry, not maintain the status quo.
- Understand it: We strive to define the real problem and solve it.
- Use the team: We will do more things, and the right things, when we support each other and each other.
Salary scale – $60,000 – $85,000 plus bonus
Please note that Encompass will not sponsor work visa applicants. At this time, we can only consider people with the following status: Lawful Permanent Residents, Asylum Seekers, Refugees, and US Citizens.