Our delivery / sales assistants are essential to our business as they are the essential link between our customers and our products. Delivery / Sales Assistants collect and deliver Craft Alcoholic Beverages to accounts, collect payments and build relationships with our retail and beverage customers while providing the highest quality customer service possible. They are also an essential part inside the brewery when it comes to inventory and protocol to maintain accurate information in our systems.
Essential functions of the position:
- Create an efficient delivery route to ensure that most products can be delivered as quickly and safely as possible every day.
- Maintain the inventory and order of beer in the cold store.
- Help with packaging beer in kegs / cans / etc.
- Maintain an open and direct line of communication with sales and operations teams to provide general knowledge and areas of opportunity.
- Choose, check and deliver beer kegs and crates, of various weights, to and from our beverage customers in a professional manner.
- Physically load and unload products weighing up to 170 lbs. during the day.
- Use software for billing and accuracy of deliveries.
- Complete and submit all required documents, invoices, press sheets and cash / checks within the appropriate time frame.
- Represent Unsung Brewing at festivals and promotional events.
- Maintain good lifting and safe driving practices.
- Follow all vehicle operations, safety and accident protocol.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and report all vehicle maintenance issues.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of craft beer and a desire to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build positive relationships with clients
- Ability to communicate clearly with the team on a daily and urgent basis
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Ability to drive a vehicle safely for long periods of time
- Excellent work ethic with a positive attitude
- Ability and desire to comply with all company security policies
- Extremely organized and reliable
- Attention to detail, time management and the ability to focus in a fast paced work environment
- Take initiatives
- Can operate computer programs and have mastery of inventory
- Ability to contribute to the team with ideas and creative thinking
- Ability to use and operate a forklift (if not certified, we can provide)
- At least 21 years old
- Must have a safe driving record
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- The driver is subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Cicerone Level 1 – Certified Beer Server Certification (required within 30 days of hire)
- TIPS Certification – Training in intervention procedures (mandatory within 30 days of hiring)
- Customer service, beer and / or other beverage retail, warehouse, delivery driving experience
Schedule / Pay:
- Mainly on weekdays with a few weekend days if needed for festivals
- Over 30 hours / week gradually increasing to 40 hours / week with a limited amount of overtime
- Working hours may vary, some early mornings (5 am-6am) required
- Succession planning: opportunities for sales representative, logistics manager
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $ 13.00 – $ 15.00 per hour
All employees should be fully immunized and masked during working hours inside the brewery and when interacting with customers.
Edit Job Status: OpenView Public Job PageDetails Created: September 16, 2021 Views: 0 Applicants: 0 totalAdd a candidateFind candidatesBudgetJob budget: Not sponsoredSponsor job “style =” box-sizing: border-box; vertical-align: bottom; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: inline- block; text- align: center; “> Share