Barrel Brothers Brewing Company – Packaging Manager / Lead Operator – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
Barrel Brothers Brewing Company
Apply for this position
Position: Packing Manager and Senior Canning Equipment Operator
Barrel Brothers has recently invested in new state-of-the-art canning and tunnel pasteurization equipment and is looking for a talented manager to oversee packing operations.
- This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the packaging department as well as other strategic objectives of the production department.
- This person will lead the packing team in canning, tunnel pasteurization and kegging operations.
- Supervises all employees operating in the packaging department and is responsible for the maintenance and operation of equipment
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure that all packaging employees follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Creates staffing schedules for packing department and manages staffing levels to meet production requirements
- Ensure product quality meets company requirements
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of workers engaged in packaging beverages for storage or shipping
- Maintain targeted production efficiency for production lines
- Manage the continuous improvement efforts of the packaging department
- Train staff in the safe use of equipment
- Develops and maintains SOPs for security and ensures that all logs, SOPs and logs are accurate and up to date
- Responsible for operating equipment to its full potential with minimal downtime.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting on all equipment.
- Develops and adheres to preventative maintenance programs for all utility equipment and services.
- Perform a daily inspection of all utilities and support equipment.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- A thorough understanding of safety issues and the safe operation of all equipment and facilities is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a bottling and canning environment required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management role
- Experience with CODI canning lines and ancillary equipment a strong asset
- Skills in the application and use of power tools, hand tools, power tools. Machine shop and manufacturing skills an asset
- The ability to be flexible and manage multiple tasks in a high stress environment
- Mechanical skills and technical abilities are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate according to established procedures
- Detail oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to delegate, lead the packing team by example, and make tough decisions when necessary
- Candidate must be able to stand for long periods of time, reach heights and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping
- The position also requires the candidate to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the packaging department as well as other day-to-day goals of the production team. This individual will supervise 2-5 full-time/part-time direct reports.
Compensation: DOE, we offer competitive compensation and benefits to qualified candidates.
COMPANY HISTORY :
Barrel Brothers Brewing Company is a production-scale craft brewery and distillery in the city of Windsor CA Founded in 2015. A dynamic and flexible beverage brand rooted in the stability of the local craft beer industry, using unique industrial equipment. Barrel Brothers has expanded its reach to pursue other product channels beyond conventional craft beer, particularly in the non-alcoholic (NA), ready-to-drink (RTD) and spirits craft space.
Apply for this position